Frequently Asked Question

How do I get a burn permit?

How to report a fire hazard?

Call the Fire Station @ 831-335-5100 or email
for a follow up call and investigation.

How to dispose of fireworks?

The Zayante Fire District does not and cannot accept fireworks for disposal. CalFire headquarters in Felton has options for disposal. They can be contacted at 831-335-5353. Their address is 6059 Highway 9 Felton, CA 95018

How do I recycle a fire extinguisher?

Either at the Ben Lomond transfer station located at 9835 Newell Creek Road. 831-336-3951 or the Buena Vista landfill at 1231 Buena Vista Drive. 831-454-5154

How do I get sandbags?

How do I get a Knox box?

How do I get an incident report?

Incident reports are processed for all Fire District responses. Copies are available to all parties involved for a fee of $25.00.

The timing and availability of reports can vary depending on the type of incident and any ongoing investigation.

I'm selling my home. How do I schedule a Fire Safety Inspection?

On or after July 1, 2021, a seller of real property in a Fire Hazard Severity Zone in the State Responsibility Area (SRA), which includes all of the Zayante Fire Protection District, shall provide documentation to the buyer that the property is compliant with Public Resource Code (PRC) section 4291 requirements for the creation and maintenance of defensible space. For real property located in the SRA, CAL FIRE is the agency responsible to conduct defensible space inspections and provide documentation of compliance to the property owner.